Friday, December 05, 2008

Fires

I never chose to be in the fire, I simply found myself there.
Fire.
Raging and roaring. Hungry and insatiable.
Fire.
I find myself in the fire. I did not choose this fire.
Wheezing and coughing. Sweaty and tired.
Fire.
It makes one change when they go through it, they say.
But does one see change when they are in the fire?
Flame and smoke blur our vision.
The poison and heat deter our reason.
Fire burns around me and I seem to be consumed.
How I need my Saviour, to walk with me through.

***


Then Nebuchadnezzar lost his temper, and his face turned red with anger at Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. So he ordered the furnace to be heated seven times hotter than usual.
And he commanded the strongest men in his army to tie the three men up and throw them into the blazing furnace.
So they tied them up, fully dressed---shirts, robes, caps, and all---and threw them into the blazing furnace.
Now because the king had given strict orders for the furnace to be made extremely hot, the flames burned up the guards who took the men to the furnace.
Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, still tied up, fell into the heart of the blazing fire.
Suddenly Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement. He asked his officials, "Didn't we tie up three men and throw them into the blazing furnace?" They answered, "Yes, we did, Your Majesty."
"Then why do I see four men walking around in the fire?" he asked. "They are not tied up, and they show no sign of being hurt---and the fourth one looks like an angel."
So Nebuchadnezzar went up to the door of the blazing furnace and called out, "Shadrach! Meshach! Abednego! Servants of the Supreme God! Come out!" And they came out at once.
(Dan 3:19-26)

~Praise God who walks with me in the fire.~

Nice weekend people.

13 comments:

Princess said...

This sucker for poetry likes the poem. :)
*Have a great weekend yourself!

Unknown said...

Thanks P.

Anonymous said...

yep, poem is good, so is that bible story.

Anonymous said...

I'm a silent follower of your blog...that reminds me of "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" Job 23:10 May He always see you through the fire and may you come out as pure gold!!! Nice weekend too

Robyn.K.Y said...

If you Must know i love the "Fire poem".It came in handy for me today.

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing. It may be hot,smoky and everything uncomfortable, it's the product that comes out after that heat that makes you wipe your brow and sigh...it was all well worth it. :)

Anonymous said...

Nev, I never thot you had it in you..great fire poetry....am not good in these writing things.

Good he walks with us.. Great wkend too

Unknown said...

I am awed. I did not know this would have the effect it has had on you guys...guess it's true- God can use donkeys to speak to prophets.

I am glad you guys are blessed. So am I.

Ugandan girl said...

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.
and when you pass through the rivers
they will not sweep over you
when you walk through the fire you will not be burned
The flames will not set you ablaze.
Isaiah 43:2

Desipte anythng he will always be there with us. He's a friend who will never leave us nor forsake us.

Hey like the poem too..big time.

Esquire of the mountain said...

great mix..poetry and religion..religion and poetry..very good

Petite Femme said...

Coochie coo, u post every hour on the hour?

Somehow I can't keep up.

Anyhow, have a nicer weekend. Going to church mollo. Will pray for u!

Petite Femme said...

MEANWHILE, I JUST FIGURED IT OUT...THE FIRST PERSON IS DANIEL IN THE DEN!

Sorry for caps.

Unknown said...

smile at Miss...you always make me smailo..hehe.

Thanks UgGal, and

Esquire, I am honoured by your presence.