Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Omuyaaye tapowa

pre first thoughts- What's with this alina potential thing? People have you not heard of this song- tapowa? I am digging the message in those beats- omuyaye tapowa, tapowa, tapowa, tapowa. If I was a friend of Job,I would have sent it to him as a dedication.

Onto more serious things kati..

First thoughts: In love, there's no holding back. Celine Dion.

Regurgitating thoughts.

I was conned last Thursday. In the presence of kin moreover, and he just watched as I was conned- as I gave in to this "student" from Entebbe going to Mukono needing 1500 for transi.

What is it with my face? Do I look approachable? i don't think I do. Yet con students think I am? People what is my problem? oKAY, I think I would prefer being conned than beaten up and robbed but still, that doesn't make it right.

Second thoughts: Relationships are about waiting.

Ever waited for a phone call? It's like this (let's pretend yo the girl).

This guy tells you of undying love ( I mean the love I have for you is like a ghoul that won't die no matter how many times I throw grenades at it, times I try to chop it up with pangas and axes, times I run it over with CAT caterpillars... It keeps going and going and going...)

He explains with images you understand ( Ojukila that advert of Nice pens the one where there was a guy saying that Nice goes on forever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever,and ever, and ever,and ever...and in fact they just had to cut the advert off coz the guy was still saying forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever?)

He then goes on bended knees and says in a husky, romantic, suave, cool, low rich voice " Baby, (huba huba) wait (pauses, looks aside melodramatically) for me." He pauses some more for effect then says " But I will call you when I'm on the other side." With tears, he opens his arms wide and sucks you in then breaks free allowing you to linger as he walks away. But then he quickly veers to give you a long kiss after which your hands separate and he walks away not daring to look back.

You watch as he moves away,wiping tears from your eyes with one hope on your mind- he will call.

The first day passes. You thought that perhaps the phone will ring but the sun rose and set without you hearing a thing. It's okay, it's just the first day. He will call.

It is raining today; a call would really cheer you up. The phone rings and you are delighted! You can't wait to hear the voice on the other end of the line. You pick the phone with expectancy and hear a woman's voice instead. "Ugh!" It almost came out loud. The woman had a wrong number. It's just two days. He will call.

This goes on for a week but you never lose hope...he will call.

Anyone ever waited for a phone call like that chick?

Point of Contention: All light skinned babes are beautiful. Most ugly light skinned babes are more beautiful than the most beautiful dark skinned ones.

Silverbow: When life throws you shit, make fertiliser!

May God remain our sanity. Nice mid week.

15 comments:

Princess said...

What the eff kind of comment was that 'contention'?! Seriously?!?
And anyone who waits that long for a phone call is embarrassingly desperate.
Oh, and if you knew you were being conned, why did you give in? Just say No.

Sleek said...

Naye you princess, can't i have any socks??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Princess if I knew I was being conned...naye what's wrong with you? I found out a few minutes after, when said student pulled same stunt on another fella.

Desperate? Princess, yo so parallel to me today, kiki?

Point of Contention: as in I want feedback.

Wama Sleek, have the special edition socks for today!

Sleek said...

this princess is kiwani, too intellectual..bring back the real deal. Thanks Nev for the socks, they fit so well..
that contention? I was with you till the very last twist of the most ugly light chic...etc
and waiting that long 4 a call? Really?

Princess said...

Sleek, too intellectual? LOL!

Beloved said...

lol! Nev, sorry... hahaha! well, i've got conned a few times... some of them keep coming back to you, forgetting they have approached you before... like some guy who's deaf, looking for 20k transy to Masaka to do his exams... since 2005! Anyway...

about the phone call... its possible... i think... i don't think its desperation... ok it depends on the circumstances..

The point of contention... i totally disagree... black is beauty. i think its the other way round!

Unknown said...

Haha, Beloved, like this guy who was on campus on that road going to Africa hall- always smelt of alcohol. Next time he tried I rebuked!

jny23 said...

Point of contention; i totally disagree and remember am the expert at beautiful things. lol

That muyaye song;ive never heard. send me a link.

Ugandan girl said...

what makes you think the student was conning you ...maybe he was genuines...

"All light skinned babes are beautiful. Most ugly light skinned babes are more beautiful than the most beautiful dark skinned ones."

are you seriouse..honestly...?!

Unknown said...

People, about the point of contention, I just want views. I am not stating a fact or my personal view! As in what do you think.

UgGal- he did that to another guy while I was standing ahead jazzing with kin.

Johnny, I have no link. Just caught in on EATV sometime.

mumakeith said...

Serously I dont know if it matters the skin color.... Dark Skinned girls are great....

Samali Mudamuli Ntikita Ntikita said...

I totally disagree on the light skinned girls.

Some sweet looking young man found me at Steers and told me he had oba lost his Barclays ATM card and he needed money for transport to Nkumba University. I gave him 3K and told him that was all I had. Eh, seems he's the same guy you are talking about.

Beloved said...

eh 3k... that was generous... you know not all the guys who come are conning but the problem is there are so many doing it, it's hard to trust anyone these days! Some of them are genuine...

Unknown said...

Genuine? I think it's my fault. I am not in touch with the Holy Spirit. He would let me know.