Saturday, January 30, 2010

senseless

Disclaimer: WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO READ MAY BE SHOCKING.

I think one of the most beautiful songs ever written about love is "For you", by Kenny Lattimore. YB,one of my very good friends knows it word for a word and I think he just may have sung it for his belle at one point. I've heard many beautiful stuff from really talented people like Maxwell, Tamia, Brandy, etc but this song, wow, I wish I was the one who had written it- coz I don't know if I'm yet ready to write this well or even better.

I'm trying to be as honest as I can in this post but I am afraid. Afraid that maybe you will see that I too am human. That I too question things, sometimes I doubt, sometimes I hate, sometimes I am filled with disdain, sometimes I just want to scream, sometimes I am not always confident. I want to spare you the disappointment but what about me?

What if I'm really angry at you? What if I want to scream and tell you that I really hate you, that I wish we'd never met? What if I want to say to you that you're worthless, useless, a waste of time and energy- a total loss to me?

You came into my world, like a great light, a light I thought would shine till my eyes gave out but no sooner that a few minutes, out you went, like a candle snuffed out. No I didn't, you did...



I'm so overwhelmed I do not know what to say.

2 comments:

Samali Mudamuli Ntikita Ntikita said...

Nev, don't tell me this is true.

petesmama said...

I still do not know what is going on here but I hope you are alright.

(And I love that song - know all the words too.)