Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Wasn't there then but I am now

Forgive me,
I knew but I did not care to care;
I did not invite consideration for a minute
To understand the kind of pain you were going through.

My eyes may have beheld the horror,
My ears hearing the screams,
But my heart seemed to slumber
In my own present safety.

Only now do I taste the bitterness
Of the memories that remain,
Oh that you would not remember,
Yet the images refrain.

Your words are as brief as an ode
Yet they raise this heart from the dead,
I wasn't there then
But I am now.

I will pray for you and the kin that you know
Ask the dear Lord, to send a comfort to your souls
You've been through the fire, indeed the valley of death
But the Shepherd has been with you, and will never go away.

 A Psalm of David.

Jehovah is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah forever.