Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nothing without the Father

Hello friends, I have a few things I wanted to share with us from the time I spent with church this evening.

It has never really struck me about Christ being always in the Father as it did today. Everything Jesus did, He did through His Father. In essence, Jesus never healed anyone, it was God who was healing through Jesus.


Joh 5:19  Then Jesus answered and said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, The Son can do nothing of Himself but what He sees the Father do. For whatever things He does, these also the Son does likewise. 

Joh 5:30  I can do nothing of My own self. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of the Father who has sent Me. 

It made more sense to me when Christ on the cross wailed saying - "My God My God why have you forsaken me?" He wailed for in that moment, His oneness with God, His Father was no longer there. The life of the Father was no longer in Him. He mourned being a moment without His Father's indwelling life!

I think of it now and wonder, why don't we wail the same way? Are we living life each moment from the life of Christ?

Are we truly hemmed in? Do we abide? Is the life we live ours or that of Christ? Joh 15:5  I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 

I dearly pray as John prayed - Joh 3:30  He must increase, but I must decrease. 

That we stop living life led by formulas, equations, shadows, laws, emotions, notions, desires and start living directly off the indwelling life of Christ.

That we can learn to wait upon this Lord. Live His life instead of ours. That we can come to this point - Gal 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ, and I live; yet no longer I, but Christ lives in me. And that life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith toward the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself on my behalf. 

For we are nothing without Him as Christ is nothing without the Father.

Shalom.


 For I have died, and my life is hid with Christ in God. [Col 3:3]

No comments: