Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Cold Rain

We interrupt our regular programming to bring you the following. For everyone in pain, everyone suffering guilt, suffering condemnation, for whoever is sad today, this is yours.

Cold Rain

Many never notice how the sun brings the rain-
Burying their heads in the sand,
Ignoring the pain.

Hot rays burn our peace still subtle,
Unseen dumb throbbing
Converging up in the sky.

And they rise while churning
Brewing a cold meal,
Unseen activity warming a dark chill.

They invite Nim over
Concealed in a tanned curtain,
And once he takes his seat
Fears start to become certain.

And the rain falls down
Soaking our linen skin,
Finally we can feel it-
Raw pain cold on our skin.

Baseline:

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psalm 61:1-4)

2 comments:

petesmama said...

Thank you.

Unknown said...

Amen. Yo welcome.