Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lions and Liars

Bazanye- you like rap or is it hip hop?. I'm giving you what I think is the best Sho Baraka-[mercy on me] on the Lions and Liars album.

This is a message to me, I can relate and I think many of us can. Immerse yourselves.

-----------------------------------------------


Hook
(Chinua Hawk)
Lord, Lord you know I tried/
When I should have been strong I cried/
When I should have helped I walked on by/
When I should have told the truth I straight up lied/
I know your love has set me free/
But I keep putting you back on that tree/
Oh Lord, Have your mercy on me/
Loving father put your grace on me, on me/

2nd thru 4th Chorus addition
Put your Grace on me, on me (repeat 3x)
Loving Father
Put your Mercy on me, on me (repeat 3x)
Loving Father Put you Mercy on me, on me

Verse 1
Tre's nerves are bubbling, juggling jobs, avoid hustling/
Hard trusting in God- because he's struggling/
TV's throwing lust at him, Corner boys punking him/
Wife wants to fuss with him, LORD keep touching him/
He might return to street life, But he'll fight will all he can/
Coz if they test him again, He would hate to have kill a man/
The pressure he can't handle it, he's lost his ways to channel it/
He might Black out, Then he ends up back in anger management/
His common problem- is his values aren't- matching his wallet/
He's praying but still jobless, his faith used to keep him honest/
His visions of bad decisions are void of the godly wisdom/
So this one bad decision will probably lead him to prison/
So a week from now, He'll be at a Bank in town/
he'll be yelling get down, with some other clowns, waving a gun around/
He'll succeed ducking the cops and leaving with the profits/
But he'll have problems dodging all the guilt that's working on his conscious/

Verse 2
Jane's feeling the pain, like razors are in her vein/
Last year the cancer came, and now her life has changed/
Chemo and pain killers, the disdain's gettin realer/
Her Hope's becoming thinner, from all the news they give her/
She taking the news with caution, coz she knows the Lord is awesome/
But often she pauses, of the losses and of what death could cost us/
Is it worth fighting she nauseous, plus the hospital charges/
She heard there's a light in the tunnel but all she sees is Darkness/
No one is feeling her burden, they just keep giving her sermons/
If they listened with more discernment, they could tell that she's hurting/
Her speech is an illusion, she's scared of the end conclusion/
If she shares her doubt- then she fears her image may be ruined/
Shes holds her fears in, tears in, She'll be dead by years end/
Shes not thinking through how God forgives sins/
Until then her nights are long, and she's faking strong/
In the corner of her home, This will be her song, sing /

Verse 3
How often we go thru motions, of up and down rollercoasting/
Scared to admit were hurting, with nervous thoughts of perversion/
This culture we've built is perfect, were saying His death was worthless/
We're Not concerned with His worship as along we do our churchin/
Were decorating our person, just to continue lies/
Our shortcomings we hide, with a shallow disguise/
To prove we got it together, to make it seem like were better/
Than friends, family whoever, we take some extreme measures/
We have a desire to add, to the grace that we have/
We're never content with our lives, we operate with pride/
We hate to seem dependent, but that's the way that He intended/
Humans made in His image, built to live in the tension/
Learn His wisdom, were distant , love we didn't deserve it/
We confess that we're worthless, then we break our backs to earn it/
Without You I'm, helpless and weak, my existence is bleak/
I refuse to proceed without Your grace and mercy on me/

No comments: