Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Midnight Serenade

The lights are out, everyone's asleep
But I know I should draw, from my well so deep;
To give you of the elixir, this honey I keep,
It's no good for me alone, so I offer to thee.

Let go of those tears, those you wept out at night
Forget those fears, those ghosts of hind sight;
Put a smile on your face, your personal half yellow sun,
A new day has come, it's now safe to not run.

Let your wings be colourful, and ornate like a butterfly
Let your joy be calm and warm, like a firefly;
Spread out your arms, like a child, fly free
Open your eyes again, there are sunsets and rainbows to see.

Have faith and take a step, into these longing arms
They long to have and hold, release you from olden harm;
So while the lights are out, while eyes drift to lands of charm
My heart is right here with you, off'ring this midnight Psalm.

Yours truly,
Nev.

~Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer~
Anon.

For Double A.

5 comments:

Safyre said...

The only thing missing is a Spanish guitar.

Nev said...

Har har..

Anonymous said...

lol @Safyre...
ahem ahem.............

Blogoratti said...

Hmmm food for thought.

Misstarii said...

A nice serenade..