Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Superhero

Silent wings

The feet of stallions
Could not take me quick enough,
The muscle of lions
Could not move me strong enough…
The thing which I feared most
Had taken me by surprise,
And in the cold wind bitten by frost
I could not dream of a sunrise.
Cataracts of silver liquid I knew well
My eyes behaving like Niagara Falls,
I was in search of a Goshen to dwell
For plagues sprang upon me like boils.
But in my distress and hopelessness
The heaving in my breath quieted down,
The blood in my veins ran slower
There was a hushing in the wind…
Then a quiet whisper in my darkness
A ray of light in my black hole,
A voice of hope and the flutter of wings
I began to rise up held by the invisible.

Word up:Psa 91:4 He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you.

6 comments:

Sleek said...

Dude, the deepness...chilling

Unknown said...

Asante Sleek.

Beloved said...

whoa... this is nice... i so like!

Ugandan girl said...

speechless...i am indeed

Anonymous said...

For a poem this short, there is amazing potency.

Elle B said...

Yeah. its beautiful. I'm coming for writing lessons.