Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jackson Muwanguzi's life

If you're like me, then you know that it is indeed possible to go one entire night living in a parallel universe. In this universe you are 39 and married to a beautiful woman with three kids-two boys and a girl, living in England. You own a studio flat and a big flat from where you get some income in addition to having equity shares.

You are learning how to sail as well as playing golf and taking part in quiz games once in a while.

Not only that, you make trips to several countries, especially when the Premiership is over and watch international matches being played by Brazil.

But it's not that sweet you know, because your schedule can become very tight especially with your bosses breathing down your neck to deliver results. They have provided the cash and now it is up to you to start making the gold.

However, the bosses are not your only problem. You have your subordinates who you should train and motivate well so that they can give you good results. Their hard work is a must for you to deliver the results needed by the boss. They are not the only ones whose pressure you must deal with though; there are the consumers who demand the highest quality because as a matter of fact they pay whatever you ask for your goods and services.

You rarely rest because you are there personally supervising the production of the goods, giving instructions, correcting, motivating the workers, criticising some, praising etc

However, when the result of your hard work is good and excellent, you are refreshed with delight, a bonus to the cheque that goes promptly into your bank account.

Your peers in rival companies sometimes try to distract your work saying bad things about your style of work, your ethics and the like but you stay focused and keep delivering. Other companies' bosses tempt you at times with big offers, promising you all the resources you need- you almost accepted once but then changed your mind.

Yes some of your best workers have gone but your determination and style has never changed. Your spirit is steadfast.

This post could easily have been about Arsene Wenger but truth of the matter is, it's about Jackson Muwanguzi, the Manager of Arsenal football club and Brazil on my EA SPORTS FIFA 09 Manager.

He is why I didn't sleep the other night.

8 comments:

The 27th Comrade said...

I had to quit playing FIFA (and mine was 06), when my thumb started ticking on its own without a joystick. (I'm not joking.)
Enough had to be enough. :o)

The 27th Comrade said...

Oh, and there is this other dream, shortly before I quit, when I failed to chip the ball every time I got to the goal posts. I just failed. A million and one times. And then I woke up and realised it was a message from Heaven. :o)

But, damn it, the chip is glorious. It's fun making that wee ball skip over Buffon. And I don't even understand soccer outside of FIFA 06. :o)

Unknown said...

Haha...comrade, I think Manager 09 would be bad for you...you just want to keep on going..

You shouldd try FIFA 09-it's a good challenge.

Princess said...

I don't get why you'd want to be 39. Me I got stuck on that. Isn't youth for enjoying now?

Unknown said...

Woman! Did you anything else apart from 39? Like beautiful wife, 3 kids, owns 2 houses etc etc...?

Man is the word.

Emi's said...

Been a while since I harassed my game pad. I did like the Fifa 07 -The 09 version should just be very ballistic

Sleek said...

Nev the gaming addict???this i like...Muwanguzi???i see y u went 4 that name...me,got tired of being beat,i retired early...

Sleek said...

interesting way you brought your game addiction to light...