Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday meditation

I hope you are blessed.

***

Thus says the LORD:

Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength,Whose heart departs from the LORD. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert,And shall not see when good comes,But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness,In a salt land which is not inhabited.

Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,And whose hope is the LORD.For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,Which spreads out its roots by the river,And will not fear when heat comes;But its leaf will be green,And will not be anxious in the year of drought,Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:
"Today, if you will hear His voice,Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,In the day of trial in the wilderness,Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me,And saw My works forty years.Therefore I was angry with that generation,And said, 'They always go astray in their heart,And they have not known My ways.'So I swore in My wrath,
'They shall not enter My rest.'"

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.


You did not choose me; I chose you and appointed you to go and bear much fruit, the kind of fruit that endures. And so the Father will give you whatever you ask of him in my name.
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock."

***

Nice Thursday and probably weekend.


(Texts from: Jeremiah 17:5-8;Heb 3:7-11;Heb 4:9,14-16;John 15:16;John 14:17; Matt 7:24-25.)

5 comments:

lulu said...

socks! thanks for scrpture, rouge is next to cascades
opposite the railway

kiganda skunk said...

Thanks for sharing...I can really testify to the fact that no matter how hard the times are, those who know the LORD will never perish or lose meaning...become like that shrub....thought- sometimes i feel like the God we serve is a brilliant chess player...think I should write about that- thanks for the inspiration.......

Unknown said...

@Lulu: if by some miracle I can spare 10k, I will be la.

@Kiganda skunk: Let me take this opportunity to ask why this name?

For the inspiration- thanks be to God.

Emi's said...

I've missed socks but at least reading this has reminded me how blessed I am.

Great weekend too

Jennifer A. said...

This chain of scriptures really caused something in me to leap...

Loved it! Thanks.

I'll trust in God only, because He chose me first...even before I decided to choose Him...