Friday, October 24, 2008

UG blogcabulary and thoughts

1. Firsties
2. Sitokisi
3.


Bloggers, help me understand these Ugblogcabulary to me!

Secondly,

the blogs this Friday are quite long and in depth. I love this. Naye I am so busy I may not read them now, but I will read them.

Anyone heard of this : the sin that so easily besets. Oh! How that sin besets me. I was reading Ugandan Insomniac, at least the first bits of it and this struck me: Every man has a secret. That’s what Batman says.

Although men like to act inspirational at times, there are some things rather left in the dark. I have those things. Things that tug at me once in a while, things I would rather not talk about. That is the sin that so easily besets me.

What does a man do in such a situation but hang on to God with their last strength? Isn't He Jehovah MACCADDESHEM, my sanctification; Jehovah ROHI, my shepherd; Jehovah TSIDKENU, my righteousness ! Isn't He my comforter, my deliverer, my door,my Father?!

Oh that I would know more of His grace; to see less of myself, to know more of Him. Oh that this would become truer of me, day by day ... Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, (Heb 12:1 )

I thank God for His son because of this promise My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
And He is the propitiation concerning our sins, and not concerning ours only, but also concerning the sins of all the world. (1Jn 2:1-2)


To know the LORD, to know more.

8 comments:

Savage said...

Firsties is when someone is the first to comment.

Sitokisi, is Luganda for socks. Which came from the Luganda word okusoka. So,okusoka=socks=sitokisi

Unknown said...

Thank you Nathan...!! Finally, escape from ignorance.

Emi's said...

great new template. I could not believe me eyes.

I also had no Idea whatever the sitokisi means as for the rest it was obvious.

I completely disagree with have to "man up" and keep thing in the dark. They should be someone to share burdens with, of course Jesus is the best but among men he's also present.

It's a new world

Unknown said...

Jesus to carry burdens...Emi, sometimes it feels like oba He has already overdone it....
sometimes it's tight.

Anonymous said...

Firsties and sitokisi are a way people get out of responding meaningfully to your blog post.

They mean nothing.

So you are the first to comment and all you can say is 'firsties'? Is that the best you can do?

If you have nothing to say, don't say it at all.

The only time I regulate comments on my blog is to delete the silly firsties and sockies.

Sorry for the rant; pet peeve.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tumwi..i'll keep that in mind.

Emi's said...

I 100% disagree with Tumwijuke. sometimes you read a post and the way to show you read it without comment is to give it a socks or boots or whatever.

That is discrimination for some folks who don't have any thing to say but still want some sort of recognition.

Nevender, allow me to rebuke Tumin, with a smile on this post of yos for denying people their right for freedom of expression...everyone is entitled a say however meaningless, silly, stupid or having no sense in it. That's the beauty of Freedom!!! We should enjoy

Unknown said...

Hahaha...okay...freedom of expression for socks!!