Thursday, March 12, 2009

Venting

Vain hope


Where is the fruit of your promise?
The hope you said would become tangible?
This waiting feels like rotting flesh
For the time past shows me nothing.

What of the words you said?
The times you made me feel loved?
There were days my heart was excited
But now it's a cold and pale outcome.

I see despair,
Hearts about to implode.
You have made us restless, eyes pregnant
Our eyes fail to glow, tears want to fall.

We want to escape, to be alone
Away from vain hope, away from our friends;
Those friends think we're something we're not.
See, the burden that fills my woes.

You said I would handle it,
But I can't,
I have tried, you know I have tried
What shall I do now?

You,
Who else should should I address
Whose power have I trusted?

I rather suffer alone
And deal with my anger,
Yet the joy that should make me strong
Has been taken away from them!

If tears you see,
They are my release..
This hope should never run dry
But the sun scorches on...

6 comments:

TRYBES said...

Very deep and thoughtful..He sure is near when we cry...

Anonymous said...

someone once said that when you cant seem to find God, rest assured in the fact that he knows how and where to find you

Anonymous said...

This is deep. You seem very disappointed. I don't know what's up with you but hope things will get better.

lulu said...

god cant give us more than we cant handle, qn...are you doing everything in your own strength and not leaning on grace?

Emi's said...

Me Likes and It's Deep

Unknown said...

i pray things get better for you...