Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Awakening



See, my Saviour,
I am waking up,
Though I feel like a man
Waking up from a very strong stupor.

There are no scales in my eyes
But gosh, these eyes are heavy
And the new light that shines
It starts with itching but thankfully soothes.

I am waking up, Saviour
To the reality You've called me into-
I rise but I am used to gravity
So my heart races as You raise me up.

I want to be where You are;
Yet indeed that is where I am,
But the winds and voices from below
Would accost my ascension.

But I am awakening;
This dead body is responding to Your life
Albeit slow and stubborn at times,
I know my old life is not here any more.

I am awakening
To the sound of Your voice;
There's a secret key my new ears respond to
They are keen on the life in the words You speak.

What can I call you Lord,
A word that can resonate with my heart's mind;
Abba, Saviour, Lover, Friend?
Oh, that there was a word to say it all!

There's a flame in my heart
As I think on You-
That You brought me into a needed death
A death that is accepted to the Father because it is Yours.

And a life and resurrection
Docked in You;
My life has gone, Yours has come
My time has passed, Your day is here.

I am awakening Lord to this new day, new life
As you breathe in me, defeating gravity;
Adam has gone - Christ is come
My whole being rejoices and sings!

Hallelujah for the death, resurrection and the life
Zion is home, heritage and life;
The Messiah has brought me into His own
A new day is here in Christ alone.

Image: The Awakening (1980) is a 70-foot (21 m) statue of a giant embedded in the earth, struggling to free himself, located at National Harbor in Prince George’s County, Maryland, USA, just outside the District of Columbia. It was created by J. Seward Johnson Jr. and originally installed at Hains Point, Washington, D.C.

[ Read More at www.homesthetics.net/the-awakening-by-j-seward-johnson-jr/ © Homesthetics - Inspiring ideas for your home.]

No comments: