Sunday, February 19, 2012

In Pursuit of "Happy-ness"?

She's got a smile that glows like sunrise in a black and white photo. Once in a while, I catch a glimpse of it in full colour. And, it is beautiful. She does everything right She seems to do everything right because nothing she does in my eyes seems wrong. Even when she talks for hours on end, her voice keeps my heart listening.

I told God she is the right one. (Haha, as if I would know). Then I did a Fleece test on the issue, it seemed the fleece was in agreement too. Understand, a person in love will most times consider that feeling, the highest of all. She is all you think about; most of the time, if not all of the time. You want to please her in anyway possible, you want her to be safe with you.

Two things may happen. She might return the sentiment. She may not.

In the event that she does, two things might happen. The romance might endure till after marriage. Or, the romance  might go on till the start of the marriage. In the event that she doesn't, two things might also happen. You may move on. Or, you might wallow and blame the world for the unfairness!

Emotions are like horses. Without control, they are unsafe to ride.

Many seek the love of their lives like they're searching for a cure to a life threatening disease that kills in a few hours. Their hearts race like horses for the prize. Without him or her, life is a blank piece of canvas without meaning. Love  is beautiful, especially the kind of a man for a woman, it is, however, there is a more important matter in life.

There is a greater love. And not one orchestrated by man. John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. "

A wise young woman , Cinammon Ayikoru says "When I get to Heaven, the Lord will not ask me ''Why didn't you have a boyfriend? Why weren't you romancing?'' You see my creator and I , we will be having much bigger things to talk about....."

Eternity proves a more important thing than having a love of your life, especially if that love is not Jesus Christ Himself. Yes, I am not saying, abandon relationship- do not get married, what I am saying is if the pursuit of it is elusive and becomes more important than other things, especially Christ Jesus, then there is a problem.

I am waiting for her. Whether the fleece was right or not, time will tell. However, God knows everything- He is the beginning, the present, the end. In Him is contentment and peace. (Phil 4:11-12 --->Not that I speak as to need, for I have learned to be content in whatever state I am. Php 4:12  And I know to be humbled, and I know to abound; in everything, and in all things, I am taught both to be filled and to hunger, both to abound, and to lack. )

My life will not be judged on the love of my life, or on my choice of car, or on my education, rather on whether my robes were washed white in the blood of Jesus(Rev 7:14  And I said to him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are those coming out of the great tribulation; and they washed their robes and whitened them in the blood of the Lamb. ). Life in Him is above all ambition, all desire, all need. So, in pursuit of happy-ness, let Christ be the map, and not only that, the beginning, the journey and the final destination.

Amen.








9 comments:

Miz Page said...

Oh Cinnamon, How I believe he shall ask you why you didn't have one - but not with the same motive as a gloating girlfriend would have; but as your father.

The kind of father that is in your face because of his passionate desire for you.

Because we are in his image; we too have that same passionate desire. We should first place it in him then after that in someone else.

He is LOVE and as such he desires greatly that you can experience love not only with him but in a relationship as well.

I'd imagine, if this wasn't his plan then we would have had a Mars-Venus senario, right?

Miz Page said...

Nothing is more important to GOD, than LOVE.

Just don't limit your definition of it to Man's.

Unknown said...

I think that was what I was saying Miz Page?

Miz Page said...

tehehehehehe... really?!

That's not what I got.

Unknown said...

What did you get Miz Page?

This is what I wrote -" So, in pursuit of happy-ness, let Christ be the map, and not only that, the beginning, the journey and the final destination."

I also wrote- "There is a greater love. And not one orchestrated by man."

The point I was making is this- if one is to try and do things because of peer pressure or the way of the world, then like an un-experienced rider trying to tame a wild horse, they might perish.

So, there is a greater love indeed. Romans 5:5 and it has been poured out in our hearts by His Spirit.

Miz Page said...

aaaahhhh Dude!!

Put it plainly...

He is the LOVER of your soul - His love for you is all consuming...

He is passionate about the nitty gritty details of your life not just your spiritual walk... YA KNOW!!!

tehehehehe

Unknown said...

Put it plainly? lol... Miz Page...

char said...

Me I understood Cinnamon's words as, worry not if you don't have/ can't seem to find "the one". Rather it is for worrying if anything or anyone takes the place of The One (Jesus Christ) in our lives.

Great post, Nev :-)

I want to learn about love from Love Himself, in His own perfect timing.

Unknown said...

We all should Char.