Thursday, September 02, 2010

Sleep

What if I had an office job? In a proper organisation; maybe an NGO, advertising firm or something close to that? Perhaps I would actually sleep the prescribed 8 hours a normal human being should take.

This has been one crazy week; actually not just week, this current trend has taken 3 weeks. What trend? 3 -4 hrs of sleep per day.

Whereas the money is coming in, I am not as excited as before. Appointment here, call there, design here. Aya! My writing is even skewed. I cannot produce a piece of poetry anymore.

I need sleep.

This sort of striving is part of the work Christ came to put an end. Our accounts with God are too huge to be paid with our efforts. We end up stressed and tired like I am. When you believe in Christ as Lord and saviour you cease from labouring to pay back that debt because by grace He gifts salvation to you.Take note,Ephesians 2:8,9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

A performance based salvation is not existent- it is actually bondage.

The thing about rest/sleep is you cannot control it. You need to give up control for you to rest/sleep. Eevn with salvation, give up your ga efforts, they are filthy rags-capitulate to grace, and sleep. Give up and let Christ give you rest. Take note- Matthew 11:28,29Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

At the end of the day, Hebrews 4:10-For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his.

Sleep now.

3 comments:

The 27th Comrade said...

Yay! :o)
Worth noting, also, that “from the sweat of thy brow shalt thou eat” comes after Adam falls under the Law. The Second Adam—“for by one man sin entereth, and by one man righteousness to all …”—would necessarily put an end to this work thingy. It was a curse, not a law of existence. “The birds neither till nor sow …”
Of course, if you are having fun working at something, go for it. But when you sow seed and thistles come out, look at Nehushtan already. ;o)

(But stop stealing my next post before I put it up, okay? Bad habit.)

Ugandan girl said...

give up control for you to rest/sleep.. am in total agreement.. Kinda reminds me of the bit that says- 'let the thngs of the earth teach us about the kingdom of heaven'.

Unknown said...

It is not stealing, it is the work of the Spirit bro, hihi....