Monday, May 31, 2010

Growing

I have a feeling that I might have exchanged skills over the past few months. Why is it much harder to write a post than design a graphic? Anyway, given that much of my writing is deeply connected to my emotional, spiritual and mental state, I think this is witness that the waves present before are really declining.


A note to the past era of girls.

It is sad that when I was willing, you were not, when I was ready, you were tired, when I was in love, you had resentment. It is sad that now you're on the road and I'm on the mountain, that you yearn for flowers yet I am a garden.

Phase out. Gone. I am a stage in life that you missed. I am not coming back.

You know what freedom is? Looking at you and not even twitching. So, --> we move as Nkrumah my man said. I guess we'll be neighbours very soon.

Love you? Yes, I do.

Thank God I am growing.

5 comments:

mumakeith said...

"A note to the past era of girls" hmmmmmm
From in between the lines I see something like
"If you insist I may just forgive you and we'll be together....."
Love is a good feeling though.si

petesmama said...

Hey Nev. I like the note... and growing up is great: it brings peace.

Unknown said...

eh nev, who be she that you have so decided to move on from?

Unknown said...

Sybella, the whole lot of them.

Unknown said...

Thanks Petesmama. Mckeith, I moved away..