Monday, November 16, 2009

When the morning challenges your elation...

Generally, mornings choose when they will be good to you.

This particular morning, I woke up early enough. I woke up with a good feeling but more than I asked God to be the Don today over all my issues. However, it wasn't long after that that my morning decided acting weird towards me. I had to go early to office and finish up some work but as I walked away from home, I felt my pockets and did not feel my phone. I could not go to work without my phone, it was an important business medium for me and moreover today in particular.

So I head back home,go to the places I am sure I was before I left and try to find the phone. Bedroom, dining, living, quarters, back to the bedroom, living, dining, quarters....no phone. The clock was ticking. I should be frantic by now. I then remember, it was in a jacket...I go, by God's grace find it and leave the house again.

Phew! That episode could easily have cost me some joy and happiness but it didn't.

Now, at the office. I have a print job. However, before the printing, I must do some final editing. I do what I think is obvious and final and tell my baby printer to do her job. So I put on some tracks, bang my head to the beats, whistle and swagger to the rhythm, knowing all is well. Then half way through the job, I look at one of the pieces of work and notice an omission! A two-word omission! That should be no problem if I was printing for myself- I simply would have added the missing words with a pen but this is for an important client!

My head does a small tango with confusion and then I decide, I need to make the call. Thank God I had not forgotten the phone in the first place coz then I would have had to look for a payphone and I doubt there would be any at that time.

So I make the call, relay my predicament. The voice on the other side sounds dismayed-- WHAT???? YOU GOTTA PRINT NEW ONES!! Oh shucks! So, I have to go to Nasser, purchase paper and head back to office. All this time, I have two pending pieces of work, thankfully neither clients have called ---YET.

The sojourn to town lasted an hour and cost me 10k. So I head back to office. There, the cartridges seem to have issues. Time is going. Then UMEME does it's thing!! I might have lost my head there...but thankfully I wasn't printing at the time, I was still trying to fix the printer.

Generator goes on, I fix the printer and start the job again. The work is needed soon so I should normally be under pressure, however, something is right with me today.

A few copies are still printing (at the moment I wrote this) but thank God in all this time with all the opportunity to complain, I gave thanks and trusted God. Yeah, even that time when my face contorted itself, I still whispered an I thank you and acknowledged God is in control. God is the one in things, and I am his beloved therefore I am also in things.

I have learned a lesson for the morning-do not depend on your elation when you wake up, rather make a decision to let God deal with any unexpected stuff or surprises.
He is Lord of all.

BASELINE: Col 1:16,17 For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him.And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

Joh 8:12 Then Jesus spoke again to them, saying, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

7 comments:

TRP said...

Good morning good morning...This is a lovely day
Good morning good morning...We love to dance and play...
Soccccccckkkks

Unknown said...

Sup kid sis, good morning to you too!!

Safyre said...

Sing praises to the Lord. Praise Him in the morning, praise Him in the noontime, praise Him till the sun goes down. Praise Him always!!

Misstarii said...

True..giving God your day in the morning is the best you, starting with Him always, He knows what is ahead and can direct your path!

mumakeith said...

Giving the morning to God means that he will take care of the whole day......

petesmama said...

Talk about the day trying desperately to get in your way! Glad you're still happy.

Unknown said...

Thanks Safyre.

Sometimes you may give God your morning but with a wrong attitude it can still affect you...

You can say that again Petesmama.