Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cerebral Pandemonium

Things were rolling smoothly, I was up there gliding in my Batman suit over the calm city night watching young lovers hand in hand taking a stroll under the silent drone of the yellow street lights. Time check- 7:58pm.

I decided to settle upon a high rooftop. It was quiet here. There were no lights up here so I could clearly see all that was taking place below me, down in the nonchalant city. The calmness was searing- it evoked a desire for real peace; not this masked appearance of fearlessness.

The building I was atop had blue windows and white tiles. A man died here last week. He jumped from the 14th floor and split his head dying instantly. This man certainly masked whatever madness he had boiling inside him. Reports said he looked happy just before his suicide.

Another man died in this same building, tried to stab his girlfriend too before he took himself out. I wondered, what was I doing on this building? What if some wraith took me out of the blue and threw me off the ledge?

My inner turmoil was proving to be more than my resolve could handle. So I set off and headed to a lone alley. I had left my batmobile there. As I landed, I heard a screeching sound just next to the alley and as I turned to look, my car screamed right past me...

-----------

I throw a grapnel at the speeding car and am pulled along in an amazingly turbulent fashion. I'm trying to get a look at the person inside at the same time dodging debris in the road. I start to hear people screaming, saying things like " Batman's gone crazy" and "Batman's been cloned" and "Batman's got a twin brother!"

I was perplexed. At a sharp turn, I caught a glimpse of the man in my car.
This was no stranger,

it was myself.

Baseline:"Yo, We at war
We at war with terrorism, racism, and most of all we at war with ourselves..." Kanye West.

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. " Matthew 16:24

1 comment:

Safyre said...

Knowing the enemy is winning half the battle. Knowing yourself is winning the other half! Reminds me of the Incredible Hulk and the X-Men. Hated and feared for being extraordinary. I'll never let that get to me.