Monday, September 22, 2008

Jane and Jack- A story about misrepresentation

Jane loved Jack but the boy was too stupid to know. She walked slowly looking in his direction whenever she saw him. She intentionally dropped her books when he was near so he could pick them up for her, but the boy's mind seemed to be in vacation in Madagascar. He never noticed. She had tried writing him notes in class but somehow one of the classmates instead intercepted them and showed them to every one else but him and made her a laughing stock.

She had really tried. So she devised a plan to get his attention. She would write a letter and would tell her friend to give it to him. Sarah was her friend from Nursery and surely she would help her.

Jane's letter read:

Hi Jack,

This is Jane your classmate. Ever since I saw you, I was lost in your beauty. Your handsome eyes and rusty voice just drive me wild. I have tried to show you that my heart must be cured of this sickness and have attempted things a girl in love will attempt when she wants a boy's attention, but all in vain. So I decided to write you a letter and tell you that I am most incurably in love with you. You must do something Jack or I will be most unhappy.
Yours in love,
Jane.

This would surely get his attention.

Sarah was supposed to take it before lunch but she would have lunch first. At the canteen, she unfortunately forgot it at the counter and Lita found it. Lita was Jack's neighbour who wanted Jack for himself, for no noble reason though. She thought she would hypnotise him and make him her toy. How cruel?!

So when she found it she was incensed that Jane too wanted him. So she made a plan. She would not keep the letter, no, it had to be delivered. But she wrote down her own letter on paper, and stuffed it into the envelope she had found Jane's letter in. She kept the one Jane had written. She then asked if anyone had lost an envelope and suddenly Sarah realised she had forgotten it! She quickly went to Lita and claimed the letter.

Sarah quickly took it to Jack and when Jack began to read it, he was dumbfounded!!

Hi Jack,

This is Jane your classmate. I see you, lost in my beauty. But I don't think you're handsome. Your eyes are rusty. Your voice just like a wild man. I have tried to show you that my heart must be cured of this silliness. I have tried to tell you I'm not in love but you always attempt to get my attention, but all in vain. So I decided to write you a letter and tell you that I know you're most incurably in love with me. You must do nothing Jack or I will be most unhappy.
Yours ,
Jane.

"What's this?" Jack asked Sarah.
"Well, Jane told me to deliver it to you"
"Who does she think she is saying such things to me? Tell her I have had enough, she thinks I do not notice how she tries to make me like her? Tell her I thought she was a good person but this...this makes me see who she really is!! I hate her!!!"

And the whole class heard! You can imagine how Jane felt when she entered the room hoping to see a good eye from Jack, but instead, she was met with laughter from her classmates (of course except Sarah) and jeers from Jack.

A girl could not possibly shoulder all that weight and not cry, so she rushed out and sat on the steps outside the class, as she gave way to her tears...

...to be continued

2 comments:

Princess said...

Whoa. You've really managed to enter into their minds and sound like them.
Good job!

Unknown said...

Thanks for d comment. Well, I have been around...do not get the wrong picture, I have watched movies, read books and ...watever