Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Music Uganda

Hey people, it is Ntwatwa again on your shizzle. Naturally i like music, i like dem hard beatz that make my head bob like am an electric bell. Well, it's no secret this son of man cannot dance, cuz when i try i seem to be gentle with myself and well people say that is not dancing. So if i cannot dance, i can listen and play that music and well in the process critique some "music".

Let me do a lil bit o c.



1. Blue3.
I am a gospel music fan but I notice the goings on of secular music. So I understand that Blu*3 is no longer written like that, rather it has become Blu3! What was the meaning of the exclusion of the * in the name? Does it mean that the star has gone and well it now plain 3 blu gals? See here, Cinderella (force the pun) is the lucky one whose shoe fell at the ball and some prince traced it to her. Now she is off to some Western country where she can have better recording etcetera. The sisters dare not remain 2 otherwise, it would have sounded too blue! ( Imagine blu*2?) Better to share misery in a group than in a company, after all, 2 is company, three is a crowd!
I must say I admire the honesty-no need for the star or is it asterisk? So the Blu gals are without their star, how do they foresee their future now? Let me wait and hear of their future lest I predict wrongly.



2.Juliana
From the radio "screen?" to the silver screen? Well congratulations. My brother happens to work in MTN and well there is a common song being requested by people who have just bought polyphonic tone phones. I think it is called Diana. She is quite the star these days, congs .However I must say I abhorred that she just sang a song about God. She did not sing for God. I saw an interview she did when making the interview and well, it was all about her life, her struggles, her achievements. I wonder was God your marketing gimmick? Or were you the oracle for many who treasure the song far more than i think you do?....this shall stop here.



3. Bobi Wine aka Ghetto President.
Typical political story. A man with a heart for his people struggles out of the situation they share and gets himself big. He shares their sentiments but unlike before is wealthier, has a beautiful wife and son, big car and house. He sings for the people, but how does he help them? I would like to know.I also do not appreciate the fact that his girlfriend is born again yet had his child before officially being married to him. He sings with a heart but where is the Soul?

Now, let me go and do more research about the others I had began writing about but found had little data about.

No comments: