Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This one thing I hold onto...

Before it's too late. I will keep coming Lord, but what if one day it's too late?

14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens,e Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Heb 4:14-16)



So I keep coming, the only thing I hold onto is promise that you will see me, that in fact you will not see me, that you will see Jesus, the High Priest. I keep coming, LORD. I have nowhere else to go. If you will not accept me, then I am finished. D.A.M.N.E.D. So I keep coming Lord, my hope is in those words- approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that i may receive mercy and find grace to help me in my time of need.

That, is my lifeline. My sanity.

3 comments:

Safyre said...

"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They look unto Him, and were enlightened: their faces were not ashamed."

The 27th Comrade said...

Most people don't know that Hebrews is a canon waiting to be fired. I think it is somehow fitting that we do not even know who the author is. :o)

I bet it was a priest. The way he dwelt on the priesthood! And the way there came a catch of pride in his voice whenever he mentioned priests! (Luke did mention, in the opening chapters of Acts, that many priests were Christians at the time, perhaps because they were the ones living day to day with the reality of the torn veil, to which the dude refers in chapter 10.)

Anyway, not long ago I pointed out on my blog that Hebrews 10 is not only a link between natural revelation and Jesus, but also a link between why God is such a vicious and unforgiving judge, yet also an unparalleled dispenser of Grace. I guess I could also dwell on why that chapter suffices to inform one about the Grace of God and its extreme extent, but this is a comment box, not my blog. :o)

Hebrews is a canon waiting to be fired.

Unknown said...

Rev!! Ah, you guy. Let me go to that link NOW!! Hope you do come for BHH tomorrow.